Yesterday evening we had one of the thickest fogs that I can ever remember in quite some time. You could hardly see a car-length in front of you. As I was cautiously traveling from church to home I noticed several things about that experience that reminded me of the journey that God has us on as we begin Process Church.
- you pay closer attention when you can’t see all of where you’re going
- you slow down
- you realize how important lights (esp. car lights) are to indicate the closeness of others
- you see that a little light goes a long way
This path God has our family on has already produced every one of these same things (and more). Here’s how…
- God has reminded us that hearing His voice is made easier when we can’t see all the details of where we’re going.
- God has continued to verify that doing His work best includes allowing plenty of time for planning.
- God has encouraged our hearts with the closeness of His people & their lights of partnership through prayer, finances and some praying about moving to GA with us.
- God has allowed us to see answers to our prayers… some that we have hardly even yet uttered.