In this week’s text, Hebrews 12:1-2, we see the way in which Emmanuel came to be the Founder of the Christian faith.
The Christian church has historically referred to the four Sundays before Christmas as Advent. Webster’s defines “advent” as the arrival of a notable person, thing, or event. In this case we are discussing Jesus as the promised Messiah.
In the next three weeks we will study pieces from the book of Hebrews in the New Testament to get a sense for the way in which Jesus is Emmanuel or God With Us. Click HERE for a complete schedule.
Consider these questions as we prepare for Together Group discussion…
1. Who are some of the witnesses of faith who have passed away in your life?
2. Who is your favorite character from the Bible and why?
3. In what ways do these people’s lives encourage us in our faith?
4. How is our ability to resist sin foundational to our faith?
5. How does keeping our eyes on Jesus help us with #4?
6. What does it mean when it says that Jesus is the “author and perfecter” of our faith?
7. What joy did Jesus know would be His after dying on the cross?
8. What else gives you comfort about Jesus being our foundation?
For some extra insights follow the link to this commentary… Hebrews 12.