This week we’re looking at Hebrews 3:1-6 & 12-14 to see how Emmanuel is with us as Announcer. Jesus is God’s Messenger. He brings us the message of His Father’s love and calls us to Himself.
In the weeks leading up to Christmas we will study selections from the book of Hebrews in the New Testament to get a sense of the way in which Jesus is Emmanuel or God With Us. Click HERE for a complete schedule.
Here are some questions to get us thinking about the implications of Emmanuel being the Announcer:
1. When you think about Jesus what comes to mind?
2. What makes Jesus a capable choice to represent God as His Messenger?
3. What is the relationship between God and Jesus?
4. Why does the comparison between Moses and Jesus make sense (considering the audience)?
5. In what way(s) were they the same?
6. In what way(s) were they different?
7. What is the message that Jesus came to announce?
8. QUIET REFLECTION: What are some of things that cause me to turn away from the living God?
9. What role do we play in helping each other continue to follow Jesus: the Announcer?
10. What is the reward for those of us who faithfully follow the Announcer? (v. 14)
For some extra insights follow the link to this commentary… Hebrews 3.