All of my adult life I have been a teacher. I am in my element when I am helping people understand the message of the Bible and what following Jesus entails. The season that I am currently in has allowed for (even demanded) moments of deep reflection. This week I’ve been thinking through the things that have made me most happy in my life. The one I kept coming back to is a phrase that Paul, the apostle, used versions of often…
I could have no greater joy than to hear that my children live in truth. – 3 John 4
Here is what the phrase has meant to me…
- joy because of people who have chosen to follow Jesus
- joy because of people who have fallen away and come back
- joy because of people who have grown in their faith
- joy because of people who have been honest with their doubts
- joy because of people who have expressed thanks
So the joy of my heart has been people. First and last are those that share my last name and my address. And after my family I have been blessed to share life with hundreds and thousands of people. From the United States, Mexico, Hungary, the Ukraine, and Russia. I have friends around the world who have brought me joy as they live in truth. If you are one of them, thank you so very much.
2 thoughts on “No Greater Joy”
You are welcome. Love you, Rob. Feel I have had a huge part in who you are. Mom
Of course you have!